LOST AND FOUND
Please stop by the Church Office if you have lost anything. We have two cute earrings that have been found, one is a hoop with diamonds and the other is a gold stud.
Society of St. Andrew Lenten Devotion
Job loss and the consequences! In Seasons of Joy and Gladness, our Lenten devotional booklet from Society of St. Andrew, today’s writer of Crushed asks us to pray through brokenness into a new season – and discover what God has in store for you. Our hungry brothers and sisters are truly broken! Your care for them, through a donation of any amount to the Society of St. Andrew, helps fill those broken hearts with hope, and a nutritious meal. (Lenten devotionals are located outside the Church Office).
Following the luncheon today the Confirmation Class will go on an outing to the Northbank Trail in Richmond for a hike with Grace Durrett.
GEMS schedule is a little different this Spring. Please note the dates and more details will come closer to events.
- Our regular 3rd Thursday meeting in March will be this Thursday, March 21. We will meet at noon for a free lunch followed by a program by our pastor, Dennis Lipke sharing about his recent travels.
- In April our meeting is on Holy Thursday and Beth and Roy may be out of town, so we will discuss that meeting in March.
- Then in May we will meet on Wednesday, May 29, departing from the church by 10:30 A.M. The group will travel to the Washington National Cathedral for a tour. Following the tour we will head up the tower where we will enjoy a wonderful view overlooking Washington and we will also be served Tea and other goodies while in the tower. This will be a really great day!
- Then in June, we will meet on Sunday evening for a light dinner followed by a trip to hear the Richmond Pops which everyone enjoyed last year. That will be on June 23rd. Everyone is invited to join us in any of these events. It is helpful if you call to let us know you are coming but if you forget to call please join us anyway.
For the May and June events you must call since they are ticketed events. Please call Beth and Roy at (804)266-3164. We look forward to your joining us.
Food Pantry and Clothing Closet
Your Food Pantry and Clothes Closet continues to serve those in need in our community.
Paper Grocery Bags with handles – We can always use paper bags with handles. If you will bring your grocery bags to church (and collect them from friends and neighbors), it will help us to meet our needs without having to purchase them at a cost of 15-1/2 cents each.
Food – We appreciate your donations of nonperishable food items; however, please make sure the expiration dates are current. We especially need peanut butter, tuna and other canned vegetables.
- Tuesday April 2, 10:00am meeting followed by program TBA. Bring sandwich. Dessert and drink provided.
- Saturday April 6, District Prayer Breakfast Shady Grove UMC, Mechanicsville. Registration 8:30am. Breakfast and Worship 9:00-11:00am.
- Shalom Farms Auxiliary sponsoring Geranium Sale to benefit Shalom Farms. $4.50 each(4 1/2inch pot). The Geraniums come in red, salmon, coral, hot pink and white. We will take orders for specific colors but cannot guarantee. Make checks payable to UMUMR. Deadline for ordering Sunday, April 4. Contact Sarah Lynn Croll or Laura Roberts if interested in ordering.
Time to gear up for Spring Training and the Prodigals Softball season! We are looking for men, 16 and older, to play on the church’s softball team, the GPUMC Prodigals. Please check with us for requirements if you would like to play. All skill levels welcomed! Come on out and have a ball playing other church teams in the league! You don’t have to be a church member, and you can help us by recruiting your friends, family or co-workers, too. Contact Don Turner, Prodigals Manager, at 517-7435, for more details! Play Ball!!
Volunteers are needed on April 6th to help with the Yard Sale at GPUMC. Help is especially needed at the beginning and ending of the Yard Sale 7:00 A.M. to 1:30 P.M. Any time that you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Please contact Mary Swing if you are interested.
Joys & Concerns
Barbara Bennardo, needs a liver transplant, Xander Perkinson, the family and friends of Verna Raup who passed away on Tuesday, February 26, 2019, Barbara “Shirly” Gelston (Liz Turner’s great Aunt) for heart issues, flu and pneumonia, Ted Hughes (Liz Turner’s great Uncle) with brain cancer, Claude Cheely, Harriet Cogle, Nik, Teddy Sears, Joyce Forcke, Frankie Irons, Shirley Overstreet, Judy Wilkinson, Jane Whitlow, Cindy White, Jennifer Maitland, Isabelle Brown, William Becker, those affected by the recent tornadoes in Alabama and Georgia.