Join us for Worship…
January 13, 2019
Sermon: “Remember Your Baptism”
Luke 3:15-17, 21-22
FOOD PANTRY AND CLOTHES CLOSET
Your Food Pantry and Clothes Closet continues to serve those in need in our community. We are in need of Paper Grocery Bags with handles, food, and Winter Coats –All donations may be left outside of the Burchette Room on the first floor of the Educational Building. Thank you for your support of these mission opportunities.
- United Methodist Day at General Assembly Thursday, January 31. Contact Sarah Lynn Croll if interested.
- Richmond District UMW DAY APART at Richmond Hill on Saturday, January 26, 9am to 3pm. Program: Paths to Prayer. Contact Sarah Lynn Croll if interested.
- Tuesday, January 29, 10:00am. UMW will pack lunches to be given out on Wednesday to CARITAS guests. UMW will also provide breakfast and dinner one day.
- Tuesday, February 5, 10:00am meeting followed by program. Bring sandwich. Dessert and drink provided.
- Saturday, February 9, Hearts for Justice Tea at Welborne UMC. Registration and refreshments 9:30-10:15am. Program 10:15-11:30am "Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies. Why the Racial Disparities in Birth Outcomes?"
Our condolences go out to Roy and Beth Quist whose son, Michael, passed away in Texas after a short illness, and to the family of Jerry Yates who passed away on Christmas Eve. Please keep them in your prayers.
Confirmation Classes will begin on Sunday February 3 during the 11 a.m. service and will take place for 10 weeks. Please contact Anne Durrett for more information.
The children are collecting shampoo, conditioner, combs, deodorant, hand sanitizer, and soap so they will be able to make welcome bags for our CARITAS guest. All donations can be left in the main Church office
Joys & Concerns
Roy and Beth Quist whose son, Michael, passed away in Texas after a short illness and Roy recovering from knee surgery, the family of Jerry Yates who passed away on Christmas Eve, Claude Cheely, Harriet Cogle, Mrs. Jackson (mother of Don Turners co-worker), Nik, Teddy Sears, Joyce Forcke, Frankie Irons, Shirley Overstreet, Judy Wilkinson, Jane Whitlow, Cindy White, Jennifer Maitland, Isabelle Brown.